A Complete Guide to Portable Solar Generators and Powering Your 12V RV Refrigerator
As an RV owner, you know that having a reliable power source is crucial for a comfortable and enjoyable experience. When you’re on-the-go, a portable solar generator is an excellent option for powering your RV, especially your 12V refrigerator. In this guide, we’ll take a closer look at portable solar generators and how to use them to power your 12V RV refrigerator.
What is a Portable Solar Generator?
A portable solar generator is a self-contained power system that uses solar panels to charge an internal battery. They’re designed to provide portable power for RVs, camping trips, tailgating, and emergency situations.
Why Use a Portable Solar Generator for Your RV?
Using a portable solar generator to power your RV offers several benefits. First, they’re environmentally friendly and don’t produce any harmful emissions. Second, they’re incredibly convenient since they don’t require fuel and can be charged using sunlight. Lastly, they’re reliable, making them perfect for off-grid camping and emergency situations.
How to Choose a Portable Solar Generator
Choosing a portable solar generator can be overwhelming, but there are a few factors to consider. Here’s what you should look for:
- Power Output: Determine how much power you’ll need to run your RV’s appliances, including your 12V compressor refrigerator.
- Battery Capacity: Choose a generator with a battery capacity that matches your power needs.
- Solar Input: Look for generators with solar inputs that match the wattage of your solar panels.
- Portability: Consider the size and weight of the generator, especially if you’ll be moving it around frequently.
- Powering Your 12V RV Refrigerator with a Portable Solar Generator
how to use your portable solar generator to power it
- Determine the power consumption of your refrigerator in amp hours. This information can usually be found in the owner’s manual or online.
- Make sure your portable solar generator can generate enough power to run your refrigerator. As a general rule, you’ll need at least 100 watts of solar power for every 25 amp hours of battery capacity.
- Connect your refrigerator to the generator using appropriate wiring and fuses.
- Use a voltage monitor to ensure your battery stays within safe operating levels.
Where to Buy Your Portable Solar Generators
If you’re looking for high-quality portable solar generators, BougeRV store is an excellent option to consider. They offer a variety of generators with different power capacities, battery capacities, and solar inputs to fit your needs. BougeRV store’s portable solar generators are reliable, eco-friendly, and perfect for off-grid camping and emergency situations.
In addition, BougeRV store offers free shipping on most orders, and a 30-day return policy, ensuring that you have a hassle-free shopping experience.
A portable solar generator is a great investment for RV owners who want to stay powered on-the-go while also minimizing their environmental impact. By following the steps outlined in this guide, you can choose the right generator for your needs and power your 12V RV refrigerator with ease. If you’re looking to purchase a portable solar generator, be sure to check out BougeRV store for their quality products and top-notch customer service.