Seven Poker Hand Rankings You Should Remember
Poker is a collection of card games that involves beating competition through a combination of cards. It also includes betting in between so the game’s stakes are raised. The variations are observed in the manner by which the cards are dealt as well as the number of shared cards and the quantity of those that are hidden. Betting procedures are also quite unique from game to game. But in a standard 5-card game, here are the applicable poker rankings that would help you win.
- Royal Flush- This ranks highest of all the possible ranks you could get in a poker game and refers to a straight and same-suited ten, jack, queen, king and ace.
- Straight Flush- This comes next in the list and pertains to a collection of cards in sequence and of the same suit. In this particular set, Aces will be playing the low card and therefore can be used to complete a hand composed of 2 to 5, provided they are of the same denomination.
- Four of a kind- This pertains to a set of cards that share the same rank. Obviously, each of them will complete the standard suits of a deck. The fifth card or kicker is expected to be higher. And if there are more than two people who have this hand, the last one will decide who wins.
- Full House- Fourth on the list is a hand composed of two sets of cards, one three and the other two, which are of the same rank. They don’t necessarily have to be in order like 3 of sevens and 2 of eights. They can be as far apart as a seven is to a Queen and still be counted. However, if more than person has it, the winner is determined by the ranking of the first set composed of three. If this remains the same, the person with the highest pair wins.
- Flush- This comes fifth in the list of winning poker hand rankings and it involves a hand that is composed of cards of the same suit, in no particular order. You can have a three, five, six, ten and Queen of hearts and be able to call a flush. However, if more than one player plays it, the winner will be determined by which hand has the higher value. The type of flush you declare is determined by the highest card you have – for example an “Ace flush”.
- Straight- Next up is a set of five cards that are of sequential rank but belonging to more than one suit. To determine which straight play is better; again, the cards’ values are compared. If two straights are the same, the prize is split. Now, one important fact to remember when forming this hand is that the Ace can be used as a high or low card. So it can go beside a King or a two and complete a set.
- Three of a kind- This isn’t the lowest value of the special hands, but it is the least favorable in this list. It refers to a set of five cards where three are of the same denomination and the two excess are unpaired. Like the Four of a kind, the kickers are utilized to determine which of the played sets dominate.
Play online poker is a far more accessible game than standard land-based casino poker; you can leave when you want, stop games, withdraw when you see fit and ultimately turn up and play whenever you want to. It’s still poker however there are many adjustments that need to be made when moving from the live arena to the world of online.
Visit for more articles: kmtwebsite.com